How to recycle
We make it easy for you to recycle your phone with RE:MOBILE by providing many different ways for you to get your phone to us.
Before you donate your mobile phone:
There are four steps which we encourage you to do before you donate your mobile phone.
- If the phone still turns on, disconnect it from any cloud service and complete a factory reset to erase any data from the phone.
- Remove your sim card from the phone and keep it.
- Leave the battery in the phone.
- Switch the phone off.
Now your phone is ready to be donated to RE:MOBILE.
How to get your mobile phone to RE:MOBILE:
There are two ways for you to get your unwanted mobile phone to us.
- Drop it off at any 2degrees, Spark or Vodafone retail store, or any one of our other collection points.
- Post or courier them to us using one of these addresses:
PO Box 8746
Private Bag 208004
c/o Swapkit Ltd
Unit 6/30 Fleet Street
Drop off locations:
There are over 400 locations across the country where you can drop off unwanted mobile phones for recycling. These include 2degrees, Spark or Vodafone retail stores and kiosks, Resene ColorShops, and other public places such as councils.
If you are in Auckland you can also drop mobile phones into Sustainable Coastlines’ Flagship Education Centre, corner Beaumont and Madden Streets, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland. Open 10am – 5pm daily.
Host a collection box
If you would like to have a RE:MOBILE mobile phone collection box for your workplace or business, contact us.