How to wipe your iPhone
- Back up all of your data on your phone to the iCloud, iTunes or another device such as a tablet or computer.
- Disconnect any other devices that use your mobile phone, such as watches or Bluetooth devices.
- Sign out of any accounts you have on the phone, including apps, emails and your iCloud iTunes and App Store accounts.
- Before resetting your phone, remove your sim card. If possible, make sure the phone is charged to 100% so that the phone will be powered to complete the reset process.
- To erase all of the data from the phone:
Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
You may have to enter your passcode.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- Your phone is now ready for recycling.
Need help? Visit the Apple support website for more information.
Find out how to recycle your mobile phone