How to wipe your Android mobile phone
- Back up all of the data on your phone to your Google account or another device such as a tablet or computer.
- Disconnect any other devices that use your mobile phone, such as watches or Bluetooth devices.
- Log out of any accounts you have on the phone, including apps, emails and your Google account. To log out of your Google account tap on Settings > Accounts > Google > More > Remove account.
- Before resetting your phone, remove your sim card and any memory card (if there is one). If possible, make sure the phone is charged to 100% so that the phone will be powered to complete the reset process.
- To perform a factory reset which will wipe your data:
Go to your device’s settings
Tap on System > Advanced > Reset options
Tap on Erase all data (factory reset) > Reset phone. You may be required to enter your phone’s pin, pattern or password.
- Tap on Erase everything.
- Your phone is now ready for recycling.
Need help? Visit the Android support website for more information.